Robert Half are working with a UK-wide pharmaceutical business based in Croydon to recruit for an Assistant Financial Accountant. Joining an experienced Financial Accounting team, you will have unparalleled exposure to this market leading business which has won numerous awards for their people development and training. Based in a modern office with onsite parking and walking distance from West Croydon Station (and commutable by tram), this is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious technically proficient finance professional to develop.
- The production of statutory accounts and consolidated statutory accounts using Caseware for all entities managed by the Day Lewis group under the following regimes
- Trading entities (under FRS102),
- Holding co entities (under FRS102)
- Property entities (under IFRS)
- Dormant entities (under FRS102).
- Approx 40 sets of accounts pa
- To liaise with the auditors on production of schedules backing up the figures in the statutory accounts.
- To assist and support the senior statutory accountant, senior financial accountant and finance director on areas requiring assessments of impairment.
- To liaise with the group's tax advisors on tax calculations and schedules to support HMRC submissions and statutory accounts and support the finance director on management of the tax affairs of the group.
- To help prepare the tax submissions for smaller entities
- To support the senior statutory accountant and senior financial accountant on reconciliation of hive up entries on acquisitions.
The successful Financial Accountant will ideally have had exposure to work in a practice environment (ideally audit).
The successful candidate MUST be able to demonstrate their understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, specifically FRS102 and IFRS.
Exposure to multiple sets of accounts (ideally 20 plus) is also essential.
The successful financial candidate will also have had exposure to working with Tax advisors and corporation tax.
The successful candidate will ideally be Part-Qualified or a Finalist in ACCA, CIMA or ACA
Salary & Benefits
£35 - 40k plus study support, bonuses and benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly