Nelson Chambers are working with an entrepreneurial engineering business based just outside Cambridge, in a well-known research and development hub. This business has 40 years of technical and engineering experience and as such has developed partnerships and agreements with a vast array of organisations. Due to significant growth through successful sales and the merger of another engineering business, they now require a Financial Controller to manage and develop existing controls and ensure the finance function is future proof.
This is a particularly hands on role chief amongst the responsibilities will be providing the board with the necessary financial information and commentary to assist them with their strategic plans.
Further responsibilities will include;
- production of monthly management accounts
- production of financial accounts
- management of P&L
- analysis of the figures
- oversee credit control and payroll
- Bank reconciliations and payments
- liaison with key stakeholders in sales, operations and engineering
- cost control
- cashflow management
As a fully qualified accountant you will have a demonstrable background in a similar, hands on role within a SME and you will possess the ability to work autonomously and thinking entrepreneurially.
- ACCA | ACA | CIMA
- Commercial and Operational understanding
- Excellent relationship builder
- Have previously used Sage 50 or similar software
What's On Offer
This role presents an opportunity to develop whilst shaping the role and the finance function as this exciting business grows and exceeds double digit millions of turnover.
More searches like this
- Fully qualified Manufacturing & Engineering Accountant jobs in Royston
- Fully qualified Manufacturing & Engineering Finance Manager jobs in Royston
- Fully qualified Manufacturing & Engineering Financial Controller jobs in Royston
- Fully qualified Manufacturing & Engineering Financial Director jobs in Royston