Business Development Executive
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
The company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 33rd in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail, and construction equipment hire.
Purpose of the Role:
- Support the Sales team to proactively seek new clients and revenue for the company
- Deliver excellent customer service to all clients, prospect clients, internal and external customers
- Assist the sales team to maximise business opportunities by using best practice
Introduce new business
- Build and maintain new and existing relationships with introductory sources for example financial brokers, insolvency practitioners, accountants, banks, clients etc.
- Achieve own targets of new deals by building and maintaining a level of new enquiries; attend networking events and identify and secure opportunities for new business and contacts.
Support Business Development Manager's
- Achieve sales team targets of new deals and minimum fees; attend sales meetings with prospective clients when required; complete risk templates for sanction of the facility in conjunction with the BDM'S; chase outstanding enquiries and paperwork on deals when requested by the BDM'S or Head of Sales; attend sales team meetings.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the asset based finance industry including company products and services, clients, competitors, introducers, risks, client industry and markets
- Support and liaise with the sales administrators; fully understand legal documents and demonstrate ability to raise them
- Relationship building - establishes rapport: Establishes and maintains a professional + 'expert' relationship with prospective clients, and internal customers. Understands and is interested in prospect's business and actively demonstrates being pivotal in the relationship between Operations and Sales.
- Listen and interpret information: Good listening skills, understands how and when to action information, to the appropriate person
- Understand needs and provides excellent customer service: Sees things from prospective clients, internal customers point of view; identifies their needs and has a proactive approach to building relationships and maintaining them
- Attention to detail: Meticulous and tenacious in ensuring all work produced is accurate
- Develop solutions and problem solve: Recommends appropriate solutions
- Takes initiative: Takes responsibility for actions, seek opportunities to create new leads; manages time, prioritises work and plans ahead
- Legal awareness: Understand the importance of legal documentation and the impact on the company of ensuring security is correct
- Experience - proven experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Skills - Numeracy and literacy; IT- Microsoft Office, in particular Excel; planning and organising; Customer service skills and ability to work alone whilst being a team player
- Experience - sales experience - face to face
- Skills - Finance product knowledge, experience supporting marketing and sales events
- Qualifications - NVQ - Customer Service or Business related
Are you ready for your next ambitious challenge?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered to this role, candidates will need to complete the company's application portal. Candidates who don't do this will NOT be considered for the role. To do so, please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Sales Executive, Sales Assistant, Business Development Manager, Key Sales Executive, Business Development, Sales, Sales Manager, Direct Sales, Key Sales, Business Developer, Business Development, B2B Sales, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Sales, Senior Sales Manager, Environmental sales, IT skills, will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Business Development Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly