We are recruiting for a Financial Controller to play a key role in the financial management of the Corporation.
Responsibilities of the role include preparing timely financial information, providing financial advice and guidance and maintaining and developing robust systems and controls within the finance department and across the business.
- Production of monthly management accounts and year-end statutory accounts.
- Coordination of the annual audit process, including liaising with external auditors.
- Day-to-day management of the receivable and payables functions.
- Responsibility for LLDC’s financial accounting duties, including the completion of the bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of reports and briefings for the Corporation’s Executive Management Team, Audit Committee and other key stakeholders.
- Delivery of routine tax compliance (e.g. quarterly VAT returns) and the provision of other ad hoc tax support/advice.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Professional accounting qualification (e.g CIMA, ACA, CIPFA) with significant post qualification experience in a comparable organisation.
- A track record of delivering successful financial control and reporting within a finance function.
- Comprehensive understanding of statutory, regulatory and financial frameworks, ideally for local government finance.
- Experience of tax compliance, including VAT and Corporation Tax.
- Practical experience of financial accounting systems.
In return we can offer you:
- A competitive salary with annual increments
- 32 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Local Government Pension
- Reduced cost gym membership
- Loan schemes for Season tickets, bike purchase, child care and tenancy deposit
** We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. LLDC supports flexible working and this post will be considered for flexible and job share arrangements**
To find out more about this role and to apply, please visit our website at www.queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk/work-with-us/jobs-at-lldc