Credit Controller / Accounts Administrator / Sales Ledger
Job Title: Sales Ledger & Credit Controller
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
Ensuring customers are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner.
Implementing the company credit control policy which results in customers making prompt and accurate payments which are allocated to the correct account and invoice.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To work under the direction of the Company Secretary: generate invoices to customers, and deal with invoice queries to ensure effective resolution
- Generate monthly statements for customers, processing visa payments and customer invoices through online accounting systems
- Receive and bank cheques and allocate to customer accounts.
- Undertake bank reconciliation using Excel
- Resolution of ledger and customer queries
- Provide support to the sales office team in dealing with customer queries and requests
Delivering Expert Advice
- Carrying out Sales Ledger month end procedures
- Credit check potential customers and following approval from Company Secretary, and using additional information provided by the sales account manager, set customer accounts up on the accounts system with appropriate terms
Working in Teams
- Co-operate with customer services and sales personnel in all sales offices to ensure that customers have appropriate credit limits
- Liaise with account managers/sales representatives when putting customers on hold
Managing self and others
- Continuously developing understanding of the business operations and the needs of both internal and external customers
- To understand and comply with related Quality Manual standards
- To understand and comply with the company's health and safety requirements
- Any other duties appropriate to the position as required by the General Manager and/or Managing Director.
- High levels of customer satisfaction (measured by customer feedback)
- Payments are made on time (measured by credit control and account procedures)
- Percentage of overdue invoices are reduced (measured by credit control and account procedures)
- Stock levels and conditions are maintained, documented and catalogued (measured by stock control audits)
- Compliance with Quality Manual standards (measured by audited Quality Standards)
- Compliance with Health and Safety policy (measured by risk assessments)
Key Relationships (internal & external):
- Customer accounts payable departments
- Sales and customer service teams
- Accounts team (Company Secretary and Purchase Ledger controller)
- GCSE Maths & English (Essential)
- GCSE Science (Desirable)
- ICM level 3 (Desirable)
- AAT level 3 (Desirable)
- Accounting Packages Credit control
- Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping and credit control procedures
- High level of competency on Excel
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Remains calm during tight deadlines
- Willingness to assist others
- Maintains enthusiasm and commitment to ensure the customer receives what they need promptly and in a compliant manner
- Building a team spirit by supporting colleagues to achieve objectives
- Applying own knowledge and appropriate judgement to implement effective solutions to business needs.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Accounts Clerk, Administrator, Payment Processing, Sales Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance Officer, Finance Admin will be considered for this role.