Interim Financial Controller
The Interim Financial Controller will manage a team of c. 15 staff and will ensure that the accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, payments and credit control functions all run smoothly and provide the necessary services to the business. The Interim Financial Controller reports to the Deputy Director of Finance. Duties include:
· Management & development of a team of c. 15 staff (via three direct reports) who are at graduate, clerical and part-qualified levels.
· Maintain an effective credit control function; monitor the debt position; ensure completeness of all accounting records relating to Accounts Receivable.
· Deliver effective payment services across the institution; ensure supplier’s queries are promptly answered; be the point of contact / escalation.
· Find ways of improving existing processes either by simplifying them or reducing the time it takes to complete them.
· Develop relationships with key stakeholders & be a business partner to them.
· A range of ad hoc projects.
The successful candidate for the post of Interim Financial Controller will be a qualified accountant who possesses strong staff management experience – you will enjoy staff management and must demonstrate experience of managing managers as well as staff. You will also possess all-round finance and accounting skills and will appreciate the need for robust controls & processes. Attention to detail, an enquiring mind and a desire to effect change are also required.
Salary: £52000 - £55300 + 18% pension + 35 days hols + benefits.
iMPART encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment operates as an employment agency and an employment business. Unfortunately due to the high level of responses we receive, we are only able to guarantee a response to successful applicants.