Finance Governance and Compliance Manager
Role: Finance Governance and Compliance Manager
Country: United Kingdom
Region: Surrey - Weybridge
About the Role
The Finance Governance and Compliance team support management to build a strong governance infrastructure in a dynamic environment by clearly defining accountability and ownership and promote a culture of self-assessment to drive efficiencies and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Finance Governance Senior Manager you will design and establish strong governance processes across Europe and US to manage Financial Reporting, Compliance and Statutory Risks as well as support key Stakeholders in the non-Finance areas with their decision making by providing guidance on compliance matters.
- Promote Corporate Accounting Policy and other corporate policies under responsibility
- Provide technical support and assistance in complex accounting matters to the accounting community
- Maintain documentation of finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Lead IFRS implementation project for the regions
- Develop E-Learning solutions and CAP trainings to Accounting Community based on Policies and Practices
- Lead Accounting Compliance community discussions and decisions for policy and process harmonisations
- Manage Entity Finance Governance reviews for the entities under responsibility
Your scope of responsibility will be broad:
- All Finance Processes
- Sony Europe Ltd, Sony North America Inc.
- Other European and US Sony Electronics Subsidiaries
You’re of graduate caliber in Accounting, Finance or Business Studies with relevant experience in Finance governance and compliance, including design and implementation of strong governance processes in a large, complex and multi-cultural business.
You'll come with previous experience as an auditor and industry knowledge. You are a proficient user of MS Office tools and are used to work on a project basis, managing multiple activities in parallel.
You will bring us good understanding of accounting policies, procedures and IFRS implementation. An accounting qualification like CPA, ACCA or CMA is preferred.
Sony is fast-paced. You’ll work closely with multiple stakeholders across Europe and US, so it’s vital you are goal oriented with strong track record in delivering results and achieving targets. You’ll need to convince us you’re happy to work flexibly, dealing confidently with conflicting priorities and changing requirements.
If that’s you, you can look forward to the prospect of developing your career with a very diverse and dynamic business in a very enthusiastic and professional team.