Bookkeeper/Accountant - Sub-contractor
Bookkeeping sub-contractor role within a busy Accountancy practice.
We are looking to take on another sub-contractor Bookkeeper to help do the bookkeeping up to TB / VAT returns in this busy accountancy practice.
Looking for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves and do the work required.
We only have two stipulations are that the work must be done to fixed deadlines, and to quality.
Are you the Bookkeeper we are looking for?
Achievable on target remuneration £30,000 - 35,000
- To complete the bookkeeping and VAT returns for a varied portfolio of clients which consists mostly of corporate clients with the occasional sole trader.
- Build good working relationships with clients so work is completed on time and to a high standard.
- Ability to organise oneself so that prime records are supplied in good time for the necessary work to be completed.
- Complete the bookkeeping to a high standard including processing sales and purchase invoices, bank transactions, payroll journals and other accounting adjustments.
- Reconcile control accounts on a periodic basis.
- Produce management accounts if the client requires including individual sales and purchase accounts.
- Complete VAT returns under the appropriate VAT scheme and ensure that the client is complying with rules.
- Build up excellent relationships with clients and represent the firm.
- Produce query sheets and send to clients to deal with any unresolved issues.
- Deal with review points given by the Manager.
- Answer phone calls.
- Deal with reasonable clients queries.
- Complete work which has been allocated from the Managing Director or Practice Manager which is reasonable.
- Excellent bookkeeping skills with good knowledge of double entry.
- Proficient with completing VAT returns and knowledge of different VAT schemes.
- Able to produce management accounts from the completed trial balance.
- The ability to produce financial statements would be advantageous.
- IT Skills – good knowledge of MS Office products especially Excel and Outlook. Would be desirable if the successful candidate has experience of CCH but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate with fellow staff members and clients.
- Able to build good business relationships with clients.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Applicant will need to be Sage Line 50 and Quickbooks online proficient.