HR & Payroll Officer / HR Payroll Advisor
Job Title: HR & Payroll Officer
Salary: £19,363 - £22,123 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Closing date: 8th January 2018 (midday)
Expected Interview Date: 18th January 2018
Working Hours: Full time (37 hours per week, with the option to work flexi time)
The charity is the lead body for Scotland's historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of heritage, culture, education and environmental protection. They are at the forefront of researching and understanding the historic environment, and addressing the impact of climate change on its future. They investigate and record architectural and archaeological sites and landscapes across Scotland and care for more than 300 properties of national importance.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives:
- Producing contracts of employment and other employment related documents accurately and efficiently.
- Data entry: accurately updating the system with any changes to employee and payroll records (overtime, absences etc.); thoroughly checking claims for compliance with related policies; analysing payroll output reports to check for anomalies.
- Accurately inputting data for Travel & Subsistence claims, thoroughly checking claims for compliance with related policies.
- Delivering administrative work to a high standard and on time.
- Providing professional advice and support to staff on a variety of HR matters, in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Continually developing knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Participating in recruitment and selection related activities, delivering a high standard of HR support to internal and external customers throughout the recruitment process.
- Assisting with the management of frequent short term and long term absence cases through timely monitoring and advice and completing appropriate Occupational Health referrals, DSE Assessments, Stress Risk Assessments etc.
- Taking notes for internal meetings, Disciplinary, Grievance and Attendance Management cases and swiftly producing accurate, high-quality, formal notes.
- Continually developing relationships and actively engaging with staff and managers.
- Maintaining good records management practices through regular filing, following the department's retention schedule and assisting with regular file cleansing.
- Undertaking other ad hoc tasks and duties as requested by HR Managers or HR Business Partners.
You will be assessed against these competencies during our selection process.
- Delivering excellent Service - Demonstrating a commitment to quality services
- Teamwork - Contributing to and supporting working together
- Planning and Organising - Putting plans and resources in place to achieve results
- Communication - Communicating appropriately and clearly
- Knowledge & Expertise - Applying and developing knowledge and expertise to achieve results - (See below for specific criteria)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
You will be required to demonstrate that you meet the requirements and qualifications below as part of the selection process.
- Previous experience of data entry, processing and analysing large volumes of data accurately.
- Previous experience working in an HR or Payroll position.
- Familiarity with key HR and Payroll policies/procedures and their practical application.
- General office/administration experience.
- Demonstrable strong written communication skills, including experience of formal note-taking, with the ability to produce high quality, accurate notes.
- Proven track record of taking the initiative in order to deliver an excellent, customer focussed service.
- Able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to work and the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- Comfortable advising and engaging with staff at all levels.
- Experience of using web based HR systems.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
- CIPD or CIPP membership (desirable)
What They Offer:
They welcome applications from all nationalities, ensuring that they have the right to work in the UK and applying for a job with them could open the door to a unique work environment. It could also give you job satisfaction and excellent development opportunities, plus a competitive salary, 25 days paid holidays (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) and 11.5 public holidays a year - pro rata for part time staff.
In addition they offer a great benefits package to their employees which includes:
- flexible working hours (where appropriate)
- special leave
- maternity/paternity leave
- adoption leave
- childcare vouchers
- reimbursement for relevant professional subscriptions
- support for further education and personal development
- study leave for work related courses
- access to a learning resource centre
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button for the full job description and application pack. The link to apply, and a full job description, will also be sent to your email.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Payroll Adviser, Payroll Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Payroll Assistant, HR Administrator, Human Resources Assistant will be considered for this role.