Exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing Virtual Finance Office in a Coventry Practice
Semi Senior Accountant job based in a Coventry Public Practice Accountancy firm.
Are you a confident and commercially astute accountant with strong practical Management Accounting skills?
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are seeking a highly motivated ACCA/ACA Qualified Semi Senior Accountant or Finalist with a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a fast-paced Public Practice accountancy firm.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Semi Senior Accountant to get ‘stuck in’ to a hands-on role within our clients Virtual Accounting team. The department acts as an outsourced Finance Manager/ Finance Team to a wide array of clients, from small Limited Companies to larger growing SME’s. The emphasis is on volume Bookkeeping and Management Accounting services, plus year-end compliance.
This Semi Senior Accountant Job in a West Midlands accountancy firm is a supporting role, providing second-tier assistance to one of the existing Client Managers. The position will hold the title ‘Virtual Finance Officer’, and preference will be shown to those with previous experience of analysing and interpreting Management Information.
Our client based in Coventry provides Bookkeeping, Tax and Advisory Services to a diverse portfolio spanning the wider Midlands Region. Typical clients will have a turnover £1-£5 million. The Virtual Accounting Team is a growing department, winning new clients weekly and the role has been created to help the firm fulfil increased demand.
The responsibilities for the Semi Senior Accountant job in Coventry include:
- Producing monthly and quarterly Management Accounts with accompanying analysis and commentary
- Reviewing Management accounts and bookkeeping work to identify any discrepancies
- Posting of journals and occasional bookkeeping
- Preparing End of Year accounts
- Overseeing the work of Junior Accountants
- Completing Corporate Tax Returns
- Attending quarterly client meetings (heading up meetings once fully trained)
- Assisting with the training and development needs of more junior accountants
- Overseeing the management of client files
- Extensive use of Xero & QuickBooks
The right candidate will be ACCA/ACA qualified/part qualified with a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with a dynamic public practice firm. You will possess solid technical skills in Management Accounting and Tax Compliance, with the ability to quickly assimilate and interpret financial data in a meaningful manner. Our ideal applicant will have developed people skills, as the role is anticipated to progress into a Client Support Manager position in the medium term.
Not only will the Semi Senior Accountant be required to deliver excellent client service levels, they will need to take ownership of their own workload. Strong time management skills are imperative. The perfect Semi Senior Accountant will have previous experience in preparing statutory accounts for a range of business entities.
The successful candidate will have access to a generous bonus scheme on top of their base salary and a subsidised Pension Scheme. The firm are highly focused on staff development and provide a supportive and We are sure that you will find this Semi Senior Accountant job in St Albans the perfect opportunity to progress your career as part of an ambitious and knowledgeable team.
To find out about more Semi Senior Accountant jobs and Management Accountant Jobs in Coventry please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.
More searches like this
- Newly qualified Accounting Practice Accountant jobs in Coventry
- Newly qualified Accounting Practice Compliance jobs in Coventry
- Newly qualified Accounting Practice Finance Manager jobs in Coventry
- Newly qualified Accounting Practice Management Accountant jobs in Coventry
- Newly qualified Accounting Practice Finance Business Partner jobs in Coventry