GDPR Specialist – Bracknell - Permanent - £60-65k + excellent benefits
A challenging opportunity for an experienced GDPR specialist to join a global brand based in Bracknell. You will be responsible for creating, implementing and enforcing processes and policies for effective data management, to ensure compliance with the framework requirements of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) across the European region for this organisation.
Reporting to the Head of European Risk & Compliance the GDPR specialist will have:
- proven experience within data management and data protection regarding process and policy creation, as well as rolling out to the business with awareness road shows and training courses.
- a clear understanding of GDPR and experience in complying the UK data protection legislation (DPA and PECR).
- a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures. You will also be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
The goal is to ensure that information flows timely and securely to and from the organization as well as within.
- Advise; provide recommendations and future countermeasures to ensure related Business Risk is managed with effective policy management.
- In conjunction with Information Services (IS), chair GDPR Steering Committee and communicate to local Compliance Officers amendments to the GDPR regulations.
- Take ownership of, and leadership for, educating the business leaders and associates on their responsibilities and to define preventative and proactive process to be followed by the business to minimise risk.
- Work with IS management, to formulate techniques for quality data collection ensuring adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data; Create and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis; Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.; Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills