Who are we
Founded in 1992 and with over 700 staff, Galliard Homes is a property development company delivering residential, mixed-use, hotel and commercial projects across London and Southern England with a £4.06 billion portfolio of over 7,181 homes, hotels, retail premises and commercial properties.
This is an opportunity to join a Financial Accounting team who are evolving to meet the demands of a growing business. Whilst core responsibilities include the preparation and filing of the statutory accounts for the Group companies, preparation and assistance during year-end audit and maintenance of Company House records for all entities. The role will have the opportunity to help shape the group quarterly management account reporting, including exposure to group consolidation as well as build key relationships across the reporting structure to ensure accurate and informative reporting to assist in commercial decision making.
Your duties will include but not limited to;
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Assisting auditors during the audit process
- Preparation and filing of dormant accounts
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for inclusion within Group consolidated reporting
- Input into Quarterly reporting pack including commentary and reporting of key variances
- Checking tax computations and IXBRL tagging of accounts for HMRC filing
- Company secretarial duties
- Liaising with external Joint Venture Partners, internal Project Managers, Surveyors etc to maintain accurate reporting records and explore and respond to queries
- Good communicator – able to approach stakeholders at any level on own initiative to aide understanding of results and to question any anomalies.
- Experience in preparing all aspects of statutory accounts including full disclosure notes and preparation of full audit file including balance sheet reconciliations – essential
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards and an understanding of FRS 102
- Team player
- Dynamic work ethic with an ability to think outside the box and pick up new knowledge quickly
- Advanced Excel user
- Ability to assimilate new software quickly
- 24 days holiday
- Private healthcare scheme
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary