Assistant Financial Accountant
Robert Half have partnered with one of Europe's largest Retailers to assist them in finding an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their ever growing finance function based in the Wolverhampton area.
Our client has a net income of over 50 billion and has had substantial year on growth since 2010, they now require a Assistant Financial Accountant to report into the Financial Accountant.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts in line with month end timetable and deadlines
- Raising and processing of inter company recharges on a monthly basis. Ensuring all inter company accounts reconcile within the group
- Preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis for all companies within the group
- Preparation of monthly payroll, ensuring all starters and leavers in the period have been correctly recorded and all necessary documentation received.
- Assist in the preparation of VAT and Intrastat returns
- Point of contact during annual statutory audit and corporation tax completion
- Improvement and development of controls and processes within the finance department
- Working closely with the Financial Accountant providing support and assistance to the finance team on any adhoc requests
What we're looking for:
- Ability to communicate and build relationships both internally and externally at all levels
- Good attention to detail
- Control and system development experience
- Strong excel skills
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as and when required which may fall outside of their normal job description
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Can do and proactive attitude
- Minimum 2.1 degree in a relevant subject
- Be actively studying towards ACCA or CIMA ( Part qualified/Finalist)
- Experience in Retail or a similar industry
This is a once in a life time opportunity to work for an ever growing organisation who provide not only a substantial salary package of up to £34,000, but also additional health care packages, Private pension and more importantly an opportunity to progress within the organisation once fully qualified.
If you require any more information, please email me via
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Assistant Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly