Data Processor / Finance Administrator / Data Processing Clerk
Job Title: Data Processor
Salary: £15,500 to £17,500
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 33rd in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail, woodland burials, and construction equipment hire.
Purpose of the Role:
- Ensure the security and profitability of the company through efficient, accurate and effective processing of invoices, credit notes, cash, refunds and payments
- Implement and maintain excellent standards of customer service
- Responsible for the input and allocation of cash, refunds, payments, invoices and credit notes
- Ensure that security is maintained within the systems and authorisation levels
- Responsible for daily balancing
- Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Communications skills - deal courteously on the phone, in emails and letters
- Listen and interpret information - Good listening skills
- Attention to detail - processes invoices and cash promptly + accurately to ledgers. Accurate bank paperwork. Correct refunds to debtors/clients. Accurate processing of purchase ledger invoices
- Numerate - Demonstrates an ability to work with numbers
- Reconciliation skills - Knows how to balance payments and reconcile bank accounts to cash book
- Decision-making - Prioritises work. Takes initiative. Plan ahead
- IT skills - Basic PC knowledge. Good keyboard skills. Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Use office equipment - Can operate franking machine, letter inserter, scanner, photocopier/printer
- Experience - Working in a Financial Services/Banking environment, data entry work, experience in an office environment
- Skills - Keyboard, Customer Services, IT, accuracy, numerate
- Qualifications - N/A
Desirable for the role:
- Experience - Data entry in a financial services company, customer service work, experience dealing with foreign currency
- Skills - Risk Awareness
- Qualifications - Basic IT, customer service/ administration NVQ
So… Are you ready for your next ambitious challenge? If so, the company looks forward to hearing from you!
To be considered to this role, candidates will need to complete the company's application portal. Candidates who don't do this will NOT be considered for the role. To do so, please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Data Processer, Finance Graduate, Financial Services Assistant, Financial Services Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Customer Services Executive, Finance Administrator, Customer Service Assistant, Data Processor, Finance Assistant will also be considered for this role.