Financial Controller – J3 M42 - £35-40k – Full Time with Flexible Hours
My client is an establish consultancy services business with interests in the construction sector. As a result of continued growth they have created the post of Financial Controller to deliver high quality reporting and management information.
Based in modern offices close to junction 3 of the M42 they are easily commutable from Redditch, Bromsgrove, Studley and the South Birmingham area. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be an important part of a successful SME.
- Preparation of accurate monthly management accounts
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of cash-flow forecasts
- Managing accounts payable function and processing payments
- Assist with bids for new work and subsequent project management
- Manage effective credit control, allocation of cash and supplier payments
- Preparation of VAT returns and HMRC compliance
- Work with the external accountants who currently provide payroll and year end reports.
- Supervision of one member of staff who is responsible for processing journals and general administration
- Management of other administrative requirements such as IT and company insurances.
- Experienced accountant either qualified or QBE.
- This is a stand-alone role so you will be proactive and be able to manage your own workload.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and a business accounting package such as SAGE.
- Ideally some previous exposure to working with contracts or a project based environment.
- Enthusiastic nature and excited to take a key role in a growing owner managed business.
- Salary of c£35-40,000 dependent on experience
- Flexible working arrangements over 5 days which could accommodate school runs or such.
- 25 days holiday
- Free car parking
- Opportunity to be part of a positive, growing, entrepreneurial company.
To apply, please forward an up to date CV for immediate consideration