Financial Controller - Europe
£50 - £55,000 + Bens
This company is the leading global manufacturer of innovative solutions across the world. With over 80 years experience, their brand name has become synonymous with durability and reliability. As a pioneer in their field, they can continually seek out new ways to enhance customer experience.
They are looking for an energetic Financial Controller, to undertake all aspects of Financial Management, including, corporate accounting, regulatory and management reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as implementation of internal control policies and procedures and overseeing financial operations. Strengthening the Finance Department in the area of financial accounting and controllership and driving the department and organisations overall strategies
To provide commercially astute analysis and insight to other areas of the business, leading to continuous improvement in business KPI's. To also continually develop financial processes and systems to eliminate waste.
Initially, the individual will focus on the implementation of a new ERP system, working alongside other core team members.
This position would be ideal for those aspiring to Financial Director level.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
Internal Controls & Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with Crane Co governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Collaborate with Internal Audit to ensure proper compliance.
- Develop and document local business processes and accounting policies to demonstrate compliance with internal control requirements.
- Promote Internal Control across all areas of the business.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings as required
Forecasting and Planning:
- Prepare weekly and quarterly business forecasts and projections
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Operating Plan
- Work with stakeholders to generate budgets and plans consistent with the businesses strategic plan.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded in the ledgers.
- Co-ordinate the monthly close out leading to the timely submission of financial results to Corporate.
- Complete monthly management reports to identify results, variances and trends.
- Interpret results and work with budget holders on improvement activities.
- Improve the Management Information supplied to site management
- Production of yearly Statutory Accounts
- Liaising with external audit
- Corporation Tax, PAYE and VAT returns
- Maintain the product costing system
- Analyse product margins, and identify areas of improvement. Work with stakeholders to implement ideas.
- Hold regular meetings with budget holders to discuss financial performance and ideas to improve.
- Offer financial insight into business decisions
- During the first year of employment you will be seconded to the business ERP Project as a core team member charged with successful go-live of the project.
- Train and develop team members in the new ERP system to eliminate non-value-adding activities.
- Monitor and evaluate system performance and driving improvements were needed
Ability to multi-task as well as meet short deadlines in a demanding environment
Outstanding mathematical skills
Detail oriented; demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong presentation skills, style and experience presenting to senior leadership
Organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving and analytical mindset
IT literate able to maximize all packages including Excel to the highest level
Full understanding of data privacy standards
Foreign language advantageous
Qualifications and Experience
Prior experience working in a European operation of a global corporation desired
Bachelor's degree in accounting, Business, Economics, Finance
Experience working with large ERP systems
Ability to drive change with a proven track record
3 to 5 years PQE: CIMA, ACA qualified
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement