Experienced Bookkeeper - Top 20 Firm - Letchworth
A Top 20 firm of chartered accountants are looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join their busy Letchworth Garden City office. This is a great opportunity to work for one of the country’s leading accountancy firms and increase your exposure to a larger client base.
As part of the bookkeeping team, the successful candidate will:
- Enter sales invoices, purchase invoices and cashbook expenses onto accounting software
- Reconcile balance sheet items including sales and purchase ledgers, banks, loans, etc
- Maintain accurate Fixed Asset Register records
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and submit the same to HMRC
- Contact clients with any bookkeeping queries and confirm submission of VAT returns
- Prepare management accounts on an ad-hoc basis
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accountancy practice
- Be confident using cloud accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks Online, etc
- Have experience bookkeeping up to Trial Balance stage
- Be confident talking about VAT treatment of transactions
Please apply direct or contact Jim Knott at AJ Chambers.