Financial Controller / Systems Manager
Job Title: Financial Controller
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000
Reports To: Finance Director
Position: Full Time
The Financial Controller and Systems Manager principally supports the Finance Director in the preparation of company accounting information, development and presentation of reports and has responsibility for the maintenance, development and training of company IT processes and security of company data.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts and annual accounts for audit, cash flow projections and commentary.
- Preparation of management reports relating to open files, fees billed and matter list volumes.
- Attendance at quarterly management meetings to present reports and projections and deviation from estimates.
- Proactive management of company cash flow to ensure all business needs are met.
- Client and Office account reconciliation.
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation.
- Daily posting of transactions on Proclaim accounts software
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Checking and making payments of purchase ledger.
- Review Work in Progress, disbursements and debts giving consideration to consequences relating to profitability and cash flow.
- Resolution of fee earner queries relating to accounting issues.
- Control and review of matters lists. Including identification of archive and dormant files, bills requiring payment, disbursements for billing, suspect transactions, balances and problem files for the attention of the Directors and liaison with fee earners.
- Preparation of forms for annual Professional Indemnity Insurance renewals, Negotiating with Professional Indemnity Insurance brokers to secure best value.
- Acting as Land Registry administrator.
- Acting as HMRC administrator for SDLT returns.
- Coordinating and submitting annual CQS application.
- Production of Accounts information to agreed timelines
- Submission of external documentation in-line with agreed timelines.
- Timely and efficient resolution of all colleague queries
- Maintain up to date knowledge of system developments and sharing of best practice.
- Business engagement of senior team.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Newly or nearly qualified accountant. Acceptable qualifications include ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
- Strong IT/system skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Proclaim Accounts and Case Management software would be an advantage, but not essential.
- A confident presenter of information
- Have good attention to detail and possess a questing and curious approach
- Must be competent user of Microsoft office packages
- High level of personal impact.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for influencing change
- Strong interpersonal, listening, Customer service and organisational skills.
- Ability to quickly build and maintain professional relationships.
- Capable of working individually and equally as a strong team player.
- Take a 'hands on approach' and always take a keen interest in all business activities.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with experience of; Management Accountant, Manufacturing Accountant, CIMA Part Qualified, Group Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Financial Analyst, Finance Controller, Financial Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, SAGE 1000, Accountant, Management Accountancy, Chartered Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Finance Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Coordinator, will be considered for this role