A Technical Finance Manager is required for the head offices of this leading Financial Services company in Swindon.
Salary Range from will be from £50,377 to £72,709 a year on a permanent contract plus car allowance worth £4,656. Part time applicants are encouraged as they can consider applicants on 3 or 4 days per week as well as full time.
This role will be part of the Group Finance team and are a centralised team focused on providing technical accounting support across the whole of the Group. As a technical accounting team they are looking for people who are able to understand complex accounting standards and communicate these in a clear way with accountants or non-accountant colleagues.
The financial services industry is fast paced and constantly has to react to a lot of changing accounting standards. They need to understand and communicate the implications of these new accounting regulations, and make sure that the business stays compliant to new standards, in addition to incorporating the impact of new Corporate Governance and regulatory requirements.
They are keen to hear from those with experience of providing technical accounting / accounting policy advice within a large company.
Who they are looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll:
* be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a strong understanding of IFRS; and
* have experience of technical accounting and external financial reporting, either in Big 4 practice or a large organisation.
It would also be useful if you also have:
* experience in financial services, however this is not a pre-requisite; and/or
* implemented new accounting standards in to a commercial business
* an ability to take complex accounting requirements and simplify into a succinct paper or presentation for internal audiences
* experience of working within a team delivering large pieces of work to tight deadlines.
If you're interested in knowing what you may be doing in the role, read on.
What you'll be doing
This role requires you to be constantly solution focused, you'll be the technical accounting champion on projects and you'll play a key part to delivering our year end results.
The key responsibilities are:
* Review and understand the impact of new accounting standards
* Act as internal technical accounting consultant, answering queries from internal stakeholders regarding products or projects.
* Be the technical accounting expert on major projects
* Write papers explaining your interpretations for review by technical accounting forums and Audit Committee.
* Assist in the delivery of leading practice annual and interim results which meet all accounting and legal reporting requirements.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it's only fair you should get a lot out.
As part of the team you'll get:
* Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
* Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% they'll top it up to 23%
* Life assurance worth 8x your salary
* 24 days' holiday plus bank holidays
* The ability to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
* Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
* Access to a Healthcare scheme
* Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
* Company car or allowance worth £4,656
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement