Finance Manager, Accounting - European Digital Accounting
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are recruiting a Finance Manager to the Accounting organization to lead the Financial Controllership of the EU Digital businesses, most notably Amazon’s digital video and music offerings. The individual will serve as the primary point of contact for our Tax and Legal teams, and will support statutory financial reporting and associated audit activities. The role will also drive forward global accounting projects and cross-border digital product initiatives, and lead improvements to internal financial reporting. The individual will develop other team members and influence a broad array of stakeholders to achieve the positions goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Lead the external audit for European digital entities and preparation/review of financial statements;
· Serve as the digital business primary point-of-contact for internal stakeholders, including our tax, legal and finance teams;
· Lead initiatives for our video and music offerings to eliminate manual processes and improve automated financial reporting;
· Serve as the functional expert for cross-border accounting considerations associated with new multi-territory business initiatives;
· Improve accounting processes and internal controls to ensure the highest level of controllership is achieved;
· Create consistent and in-depth analytical reporting on global video and music financial results;
· Perform quarterly impairment reviews and associated modelling of Intangible Assets;
· Research technical accounting issues and lead discussions to achieve global agreement on accounting positions;
· On an ad-hoc basis, provide support to other accounting team members for complicated or urgent initiatives;
· Coach, mentor and develop other accounting team members.
· Must have CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA/ CA or equivalent certification
· Relevant accounting experience (public accounting /industry mix preferred)
· Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute to milestone driven projects
· A strong desire to exceed expectations
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Solid organizational, project management skills, and an aptitude for information technology
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, talented accounting professional who is passionate and excited about accounting and reporting. They will have experience managing projects and a proven background of influencing business partners effectively. The candidate will also be familiar with the details of a monthly close cycle, financial reporting, related analyses, and implementing effective processes and internal controls.
Traits we are looking for in a candidate are a strong desire to exceed expectations, effective interpersonal skills; including persuasive written and oral communication, solid organizational skills, ability to assess and manage risk, and willingness to get into the details whilst also seeing and understanding the big picture.
· Experience from a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm is strongly preferred
· Worked in a fast paced company similar to a high-tech start-up
· Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Exposure to researching technical accounting conclusions under US and UK GAAP and documenting support for conclusions reached
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.