Finance Manager, Accounting
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are recruiting a Finance Manager to the Accounting organization. The individual will serve as a primary point of contact for our Tax and Legal teams, and will support statutory financial reporting and associated audit activities. The role will also drive forward global accounting projects and cross-border digital product initiatives, and lead improvements to internal financial reporting. The individual will develop other team members and influence a broad array of stakeholders to achieve the positions goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Lead the external audit for varied EU entities and preparation/review of financial statements;
· Serve as a business primary point-of-contact for internal stakeholders, including our tax, legal and finance teams;
· Lead initiatives for our market offerings to eliminate manual processes and improve automated financial reporting;
· Serve as the functional expert for cross-border accounting considerations associated with new multi-territory business initiatives;
· Improve accounting processes and internal controls to ensure the highest level of controllership is achieved;
· Create consistent and in-depth analytical reporting on market offering financial results;
· Perform quarterly impairment reviews and associated modelling of Intangible Assets;
· Research technical accounting issues and lead discussions to achieve global agreement on accounting positions;
· On an ad-hoc basis, provide support to other accounting team members for complicated or urgent initiatives;
· Coach, mentor and develop other accounting team members.
· Must have CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA/ CA or equivalent certification
· Must have worked with IFRS and US GAAP accounting standards
· Relevant extensive accounting experience from a comparable recognisable multinational organisation
· Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute to milestone driven projects
· Must show evidence of leading complex finance programs where the problem may not be understood and the plan/strategy may not be defined.
· Must demonstrate evidence of influencing strategic decision-making and planning for multiple or complex business units
· A strong desire to exceed expectations
· Must have strong English language skills, both written and verbal
· Solid organizational, project management skills, and an aptitude for information technology
Must be familiar with the details of a monthly close cycle, financial reporting, related analyses, and implementing effective processes and internal controls.
· Experience from a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm is strongly preferred
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.