Robert Half are working exclusively with a dynamic manufacturing and engineering company. Reporting to the Finance Director and liaising closely with the Managing Director, this role will be a fantastic challenge for a productive, well prepared and robust individual.
This role will involve management of financial processes in compliance with statutory requirements. Maintain accurate and timely accounting records and provision of management information for Group companies. Direct line management of the Accounts team and oversees the IT function and provision of outsourced IT services.
* Weekly and monthly internal reporting in line with Group requirements to deadline
* Identifying and implementing business improvement opportunities
* Ensuring policies and procedures are relevant and effective
* Compliance and returns for Export documentation, PAYE, ERNIC, VAT and Corporation Tax
* Annual and periodic audits
* Payroll management
* Cash flow management
* Accuracy of nominal ledger accounts
* Tracking and reporting of actual results vs forecast and budget
* Work in progress and long term contract valuation
* Ensure working environment is kept to a high and comfortable standard in line with Health and Safety regulations
* Approval of purchase orders in line with policy limits
* Responsible for lead KPI preparation
* Time and Attendance System supervisor
* Bank signatory
To be considered for this role, you must be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) or if qualified by experience. Sound knowledge of manufacturing costing principles and a manufacturing environment are essential. Excellent organisational and prioritising skills along with ability to stay calm under critical decision making. A high level of IT competence will be required to oversee recent system implementations and manage the IT function as well as Finance. Being a strong team leader, comfortable in delegating, coaching and mentoring within the team communicating assertively and professionally.
Salary & Benefits
£50,000 - £60,000 + 4% employer pension contribution, 25 days holiday plus public holiday, Company sick pay incrementally increases after the first year of employment, death in service 2 x annual salary.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly